Hey, my name is Sean Hendricks. I am a sophomore at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. There I study Sports Management with a minor in Enterprise. I come from a small town in Massachusetts outside of Boston called Seekonk. There I played baseball and tennis for 4 years, earning captains honors in each my senior season. Unfortunatly my senior year was cut short athletetically because of a torn ACL injury in a pickup basketball game in gym class. However my team won state legion this season which was the first championship I have won in baseball. The coolest thing I ever did back home was having the oppurtunity to work with the Providence Bruins AHL organization, who are the affiliates of the Boston Bruins. I worked on the equipment staff inside the locker room for 8 seasons. There I gained an education no University could ever teach me. It's actually what led me to Bowling Green State University. Another one of my favorite childhood memories is going to Fenway park and watching the Red Sox play live. Lucky for me my dad has Red Sox season tickets, so I have gotten to experience two world series won.
Sadly to say this might be the first class I have ever taken and genuinly been interested in the topic. Not that I do not care about other subjects other than sports, there is just a huge jump in what grabs my attention between the two. Therefore I should be about to suceed.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sean,
ReplyDeleteI am truly jealous I have always wanted to go to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play, thats awesome your dad has season tickets. That is cool you worked with the Providence Bruins and the AHL. I work with the Lake Erie Monsters with the AHL and it is a great experience that going to school or a professor couldn't teach. People don't understand that working for an AHL team is similar to working for an NHL team considering so many of the players eventually play in the NHL.
Hi Sean,
ReplyDeleteI was interested to read about your sports' experiences--especially going to Fenway Park, since I have been there several times as well. The last time I went was when Cleveland still had players (e.g., Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, etc.) and there were two brawls in the game. I cannot remember who was pitching, but I do recall the score of the game--Cleveland won 7-6 on a home run by a former Red Sox player. Needless to say, he was booed. The atmosphere was electric, especially when Dr. Cuneen yelled "Go Yankees" as she sat down in her seat.
I also remember seeing an affiliate of the Bruins when I played a tennis tournament in Boston, years ago. That was my first hockey game as I recall. I really did enjoy living in the Boston area and even went back to work at a Tennis Camp (Pine Manor Jr. College) for three summers while I was in college. I am glad to know that you are interested in the topics in this class. You have made some interesting comments in class, and I look forward to reading more of your entries.
Good start on your blog!
Dr. Spencer