Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lab Employees use Ted Williams Frozen Head as a Baseball

Ted Williams, Red Sox Hall of Famer and known as one of the greatest baseball players of all time, past away in 2002. When the Splendid Splinter kicked the bucket, his two children had a debate on whether or not their fathers body should be chrogenically preserved in a lab. Seven years after Williams has been frozen it has been revealed that Ted Williams head was used as a baseball and being hit around with baseball bats. http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/10/02/book-ted-williams-frozen-head-used-for-batting-practice/

This is one of the most disturbing sports stories I have heard since the OJ Smpson murder. Where the hell do they get these lab workers from? I mean to take a humans head, and use it as a ball has not been done since the Native Americans roamed this land. Not just any human either, the Splendid Splinter, Teddy Ballgame, The Kid. This is like if Jim Brown died, was frozen, then decapated seven years later so the lab workers could play pickup football on there smoke break. These people should be convicted of something, there has to be some sort of law.

1 comment:

  1. I remember hearing something about this on a late night talk show, but at the time, did not realize it was a true story. I agree with you that this was despicable. There are laws about not desecrating dead bodies, and I would certainly think this is an example of doing that. This could be a topic for a unique ethical issue presentation if you have not already chosen a topic.

    ReplyDelete