Monday, December 14, 2009
Witness: What Am I Witnessing?
Ever since I have moved to Ohio into Cavaliers country, I have been completely dumbfounded at how naive and ignorant their fans truly are. Coming to BG, I learned very quickly the Celtics were probably the most hated basketball franchise in Ohio. Rockin Celtics gear always got me some nasty looks, and it still does today. I was prepared for this, because the World Champion Boston Celtics had just knocked out the Cleveland Lebron's the previous season. People here were pissed to say the least. As my time went by here in Ohio, I started to see a bunch of shirts that say "Witness". I found these T-shirts to be the epitome of what Cleveland is like. Witness what? What are we witnessing? The only thing I have Witnessed when it comes to Lebron in the Cavs is choking and disappointment. That's like me wearing a Patriots shirt that says undefeated season. I would never put that shirt on, because we didn't win the Superbowl that year. Witness? Hahahaha, I'd rather have an NBA Finals Championship shirt, oh wait, I do. I still cannot comprehend it. My friends constantly argue with me about how the Cavs are the best team in the NBA, and Lebron is the best player in the world. Neither of these statements are correct. The Lakers were, and still are the best team in the NBA, and Kobe is the best player. That takes a lot for me to say, considering how much I hate the Lakers and how much I enjoyed beating them in 08. Here is a news flash to every Cavs fan out there: The Cavaliers are not the best team in the East, they are not the second best team in the East, they are a mediocre team surrounded by a great superstar. Unfortunately for your city and fans, that will not get it done in today's NBA. There are far too many teams that are stacked for there to be a championship parade held in Cleveland this June. While I am at it, let me hit you with some more knowledge. Lebron is leaving. Sorry, I said it. Lebron is the most egotistical superstar I have seen play in the NBA. This guy can't even sit on the bench for 5 minutes without dancing on the sideline trying to show up his opponents. Did you ever see the other greats do that? I didn't think so. All Lebron cares about is himself, it could not be more painfully obvious by his actions. It kind of reminds me of Manny Ramirez in Boston. He was one of the greatest hitters of all time and we all knew it, so we put up with him acting like an idiot. Unfortunately Manny's act got old, and we got rid of him. How many years will Cleveland go without a championship before Lebron's act gets old? We will probably never be able to answer that question because next season he will most likely be wearing a #6 in a Knicks uniform. I am not not hating on Lebron's talent, because I think he has the best physical ability of any player in NBA history, however his attitude and failure to win the big game has convinced me he is the A-Rod of the NBA. It is unfortunate for Cleveland fans but I will be able to share all my sports hate for Lebron with fellow Cavaliers fans starting next season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What can I say? Ouch.
ReplyDelete