Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The NFL Is No Longer a League of Parody

There is one thing that stands out to me so far in this football season. There are some really awful teams out there. The NFL used to pride themselves on having the most parody of any other professional sport. Any given team can win on any given sunday. Well this season is making that statement look like a thing of the past. The Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, and Oakland Raiders are all a complete joke this season. They should really be in a league of there own because they truly cannot compete with even mediocre teams in the NFL. Unfortunatly, this has caused me not to have any motivation to watch these teams play, because I already know the outcome. This week my friends asked me if I wanted to attend the Browns vs. Lions game in Detriot. I am a huge fan of the NFL, but I would not want to spend even 20 dollars on a ticket to watch the Browns and Lions both punt the ball 12 times. The leagues setup to help teams in the NFL draft by not using a lottery and having the best talent land on the worst teams, however owners like Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders make the draft a joke by drafting players because of there speed and overall ability. If this continues I believe Goodell might have to step in and help this teams be more successfull.

1 comment:

  1. While there may not be as many parodies written about the NFL, I think maybe "parity" was the term you meant to use:-) And, btw, I wish Goodell would step in to rectify the situation. Maybe hiring Mike Holmgren will help for the Browns.

    ReplyDelete